Mutable Instruments Blinds
Blinds is a 4-channel voltage-controlled signal polarizer.
Each channel consists of a polarizer circuit, also known as a four-quadrant multiplier. This circuit acts like a VCA, except that a negative control voltage will cause the output signal to be inverted, instead of being silenced.
Blinds’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels, to be mixed together.
A hub for your modulations
- Scale, invert and offset up to four modulation signals.
- Mix up to four CVs or audio sources.
- Multiply (ring-modulate) two audio sources, with adjustable carrier rejection.
- “who can do more can do less”: each channel can be used as a plain VCA.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- CV offset range: +/- 5V.
- Gain scale: linear, a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1.
- Gain range: +/- 2.
- Width: 12HP
- Depth: 25mm
- Power: 70mA @ +12 / 70mA @ -12V